Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Afternoon

Christmas Day in the northwoods was a beautiful, sunny, maybe even warm day. I went out to try my snow shoes. Jack wanted to ski.
Jack tried to ski but the snow was far too fluffy. The video of this effort looked much the same as this photo.
Grandpa tried to plow down some snow.
Jack managed to scoot down the hill but then didn't know how to get back up. Jeff had an idea.
Jack's personal ski lift...Dad!
Since plowing didn't work Jeff had another idea. "Give me your poles and I'll pull you!"

Needless to say that was quite a work out for Jeff.
Then they all got smart and put Rueben to work. They used the tow rope that some people use for water skiing. Jack was nervous at first but ended up LOVING the ride!
Grandma and Grandpa watched skeptically. It was a fun day!

1 comment:

EZnJ said...

Wow, that looks like a great Christmas Eve and Day at the Daurer's houses. Cool stuff!! Does the elf still make the rounds pre-Christmas? I seem to recall the Daurer kids straightening up their act whenever he was near. I love the snowshoes (we use ours as often as possible), don't shoot your eye out Jack and enjoy the tunes and impact drill Jeffrey Scott. Oh, the uh, massager just about had me falling off my chair. As far as our blog lingo...anything IM mean Ironman. IMFL means Ironman Florida, etc. Q means qualifying for the Hawiian Ironman World Championships in Kona. Happy New Year!!

-E