Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Weekend Walking

Jeff, Kim and I decided to go for a walk on Saturday. The plan was as follows:
  1. Jeff and I walk to Kim's.
  2. Kim, Jeff, and I walk to Elaine's.
  3. The 4 of us walk to the bar.
  4. Oz drags some of the kids on the toboggan to the bar.
  5. Shawn drags more kids on the tube to the bar.

It all seemed so simple but as Kim and I left her house we saw that my husband was snoozing on the toboggan. Kim said, "Jeff! Jeff! Are you ok?!"

Then she had to give him chest compressions to be sure his heart was working.

We met up with Shawn and Jack. Jeff pulled them for a while.

And we walked and walked and finally arrived at the bar. We set the kids up with hot cocoa and card games.

I couldn't help but think of Reese Witherspoon,

"You have a baby... in a bar!" It was an experience!

The owner of the bar loved having the girls around to chat with!

We don't have any pictures of the trip home. It was fun! Jeff took the snowmobile to get Oz's excursion. Jeff, Kim, Elaine and the kids went with him. Oz drove the 4 wheeler and pulled Kim, Shawn and me on the toboggan. It's harder than you think! I definitely recommend trying it!

No comments: